Thursday, November 1, 2012

Christ says, 'If you let me, I will make you perfect.... understand I am going to see this job through" (Hilary)

Hermana Marca, M, Hermana Norton
Okay, hi a todos. I hope you are doing so well! Please tell me how you are doing. I want to be aware of when I need to send extra prayers in the direction of one person or another. Thanks for all the emails! I love my family so much. I can say it a million times, but I don't think that statement will ever come out with the impact I would like it to. I can't explain how important you all are to me.

Adam. I love hearing from you. Lame that you can't play frisbee anymore, (because of the snow) but I love that you have a new hobbie. You're so cool Adam. Tell Brother Taim I say "hi and thanks". And I loved your letter I got in the package. I know I can just write on another piece of paper, but I like the idea of sending this one back. I already wrote my testimony on it (it was good that the square was small or else my testimony would have gone on and on and on) and I am working on drawing a picture of me. I am just taking my sweet time because it is going to be sent back to the master cartoonist and I want it to be perfect. I want to see some of the stuff you have done for your art class. Can you scan it and send it to me or something?

Mitch, thank you so much for your email. It felt like a real conversation. It was just the support I needed. Thanks for being in-tune and knowing how to help your younger sister. YOU are one of MY all time best friends and biggest heroes (aunque no me creas). I am so glad you are my brother. Seriously. I have learned so much from you and your friendship means a lot to me. I need some more pictures of your kids.

Okay, this week I have been keeping track of what I wanted to write so the email would be a little more interesting. Here come the transfers and zero percent of me wants to leave. We are working really hard with a few people that I want to be able to see baptized. Below in green is part of my letter  to Pres.

I have been working on strengthening my faith this week like we talked about in the interview Wednesday (Wednesday were the interviews with President and he asked me what I wanted to work on. I chose faith. I was explaining to him how tough it is to understand the balance between the faith and prayers of me, my companions, and all the thousands of members praying + God's will + the agency of these people. Does that make sense? Anyway, it is tripping me up sometimes because I wonder if even if I pray and pray and pray my heart out, they still have their agency and maybe it's not "their time".). Hermana Marca is super in-tune with the spirit and aware of people's needs; it is one thing I really admire about her. She does a great job of adapting teachings to the needs of the investigators and members, and keeping everyone in mind as she studies so she can find nuggets of information to share with them. The other day I found myself at a low point and she shared with me part of Ether 12. I then continued to study the chapter and found some verses that although I had already read many times, were an important reminder for me (verses 6, 14, 17, 29). This week I really worked on exercising more faith and Saturday we were blessed with many miracles that helped me recognize that God is always doing His part.

Saturday was the baptism of M. Like I said, there were so many amazing things that happened that day. The elders in our zone were of a huge help (I am very grateful for our district leader and zone leaders). The day was super hectic, but many prayers were answered and all turned out really well. Before her baptism, M was super discouraged and everything seemed to be a mess. But afterward she recognized that the discouragement was the enemy trying to keep her from moving forward. She felt much better and it was so refreshing to see her confirmed yesterday.

We are working with another investigator right now named L. He is trying really hard to 1. change, and 2. find his answer. He is a young adult that used to get caught up in a lot of things he knew he shouldn't take part in. Since Tuesday, when we taught him the Word of Wisdom, he has not drank (?) or smoked. Saturday was a wedding of a good friend, but he chose not to attend because he knew all his friends would be drinking. He instead stayed home and read three pages of the Book of Mormon and prayed. He is attending church and is really recognizing the importance of baptism.

Our investigator with a baptismal date is named F. She has attended church many times and really wants to do her part. The challenge is that she and her brother (who also accepted a baptismal date, but hasn't attended church) study Saturdays and Sundays from 7:30 until 2. There are three reunions in our chapel and they can't attend one. Their high school does not offer classes later in the day, nor during the week. We are searching for a solution. Our zone leaders have a recent convert who was able to talk to her high school director about the importance of the Sabbath day observance and receive permission to attend church and miss classes Sundays. She is going to accompany us this week with an appointment with F and J to share her experience.

These people are super important to me and I want to be able to be here with them for their baptisms! I hope I don't get transferred. But we will see. God knows best.

A group of members from the stake went to the temple. The families we have been working with went to do baptisms. I haven't seen them yet since, but I hope it went well! I love them so much and love to see how much the gospel is helping them, giving them hope and so much more happiness as a family.

Does Adele have new music out? I think I keep hearing stuff of hers. Were you able to get the things to Caitlin? I miss her so much! and Abby and Veronica. I love those girls.

F gave a talk in church yesterday. It was so great. He is still learning the boundaries and the do's and dont's , (what is appropriate over the pulpit) Anyway. He is so great!

Okay, so signs that I am an awkward missionary: Yesterday we were watching the Joseph Smith movie (the long 62 minute one) with F and his family during lunch. 1. I had never realized how violent it is! 2. I got so uncomfortable watching Joseph and Emma begin courting (sp?).

Okay, what a mess! I am so sorry this email is so random! I love you all. I am going to include a quote that Jesslyn sent me and then finish up.

"'Make no mistake,' Christ says, 'If you let me, I will make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in my hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other, than that. You have free will and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest nor let you rest, until you are literally perfect - until My Father can say without reservation that He is well pleased with you... This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less.'" 

C. S. Lewis.

BYE! H. Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment