Friday, June 21, 2013

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men." (Hilary)

The Candyman and philosopher Willie Wonka

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing so well! I miss you all very much, but will be seeing you very soon, and don't want to miss a minute of what I am doing right now. Yesterday we went to Miguel and Evelyn's and her brother opened his mission call. He is going to IDAHO. Ha! How cool!!! Anyway, we did a little family home evening and it was so special and helped me to remember that what I am doing is so special and that I have to enjoy every second because it is what I have been waiting for all my life (and what I will reflect on in the future).

Okay, so the bad news is... I TOTALLY forgot about wishing Dad a happy father's day and Mitch a happy birthday (and McKenzie a happy birthday). I am the worst. I feel so awful and I owe you all apologies (sp?).

The good news is... yesterday were transfers and although I didn't want to leave Calderon because I love it so much and have had the most amazing time in this sector, I have a new calling! A few months ago President assigned a couple sisters to be "leader hermanas" here and one is going home in two weeks and I am taking her place! WHAT? I know, right? So I will be in a trio for the next couple weeks with Hermana Cooper and Hermana Cantos. I am still with Hermana Valera (and we just picked up her new companion, Hermana Quizhpe) right now but in like thirty minutes I will head to my new sector, o sea, Ofelia. It is actually really close, just one zone away. I am bummed to leave Calderon and nervous about my new assignment, but overall, super excited to have new responsibilities and super humbled to be trusted in this calling.

We have had a crazy week. Wednesday we had a conference and it went really well. It was cool and they asked us to participate a bit and I felt like it turned out okay and I really learned a lot. Thursday we had to be in the offices at 6 am to renew my visa. I was there with Hermana Giles and Elder Clinger though, which was way fun to catch up with those two! They're so great. It was a long day. Throughout the week my companion had been dealing with a stomach sickness (it happens to all of us here in Calderon and this is a nicer sector! I am not sure what the deal is.) and Saturday she just couldn't work at all. Luckily she is getting much better now. But the rest of the week was normal and great.
Found a couple new investigators and families and things are going okay in the obra.
Things were good with the Hermana Valera. We only had less than three weeks together, but it was fun. I think we both learned quite a bit and now President is trusting her to train! I hope things turn out for her. We spent a lot of time laughing together; I want to marry someone that likes to laugh. Sometimes when we're walking together we sing and rap. "A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men." (Name that movie.)
Okay, Dad, know that I love you with all my heart! I am sending letters soon, I hope! Thanks for everything!

Hermana Norton

There are some really great lines in the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl 
and naturally Hilary would remember one that is very thought provoking. 
I, on the other hand, can only recall the really weird lines ... for example:



Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?




I've got a blueberry for a daughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment