Thursday, September 19, 2013

"application is the bridge between comprehension and obedience" (Hilary)

 
Dear Family,
Thank you so much for writing! I was writing down what I wanted to respond but I don't have it with me. I love you all. It was so fun to hear from Adam! I think you mentioned that you didn't have the exact date of when I would get home yet. It is like November 19 I think. I will leave late Monday night and get home who knows what time Tuesday. They should be updating you soon. They are already making me fill out paperwork and everything. I still don't feel like enough time has passed.
We have been doing two splits every week and it is exciting and exhausting and overwhelming. It is such a blessing. This week we were in the other half of the Calderon ward and a member saw me from about a block away and started running toward me saying, "Que Dios me la bendiga!!" and hugged me and said so many nice things like, "Frankly, with you I learned to work." (She used to go out visiting with us about once or twice a week.) It was so cute. Those little moments just make my day/week.
I have some really great companions right now. I love them and I am learning a lot from them.

The Book of Mormon challenge is going well. I am loving every moment and growing to love the Book of Mormon even more than I did before. I was mentioning one part to my companions the other day that in Mosiah 12 Abidani explains that the priests and King Noah are not wise because they do not apply and understand in their hearts. I realized that wisdom is not (just) knowledge, but it is knowing and APPLYING. That's why Jacob 6:12 says, "Be wise, what more can I say?" One of my favorite parts of Preach My Gospel is in the chapter about the Book of Mormon because it explains that application is the bridge between comprension and obedience. Some of our investigators haven't been progressing much, and I am going to focus more on the application this week to see if it makes a difference.
We are working with a great family right now.  I don't have time to write more, but please pray for the work down here!!
Okay, I love you all! Keep studying! It is the greatest! This is all the truth and I know it with all my heart. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect!

Hermana Norton
No empty chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment