Monday, November 4, 2013

"I hear roaring laughter and run back in to see that she has sat on the cake!" (Hilary)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILARY!
Hi everyone! Hope you have all had a great week! Thanks for writing!

We have had a really great  week and I am feeling much better than I was last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I mentioned to Sister Berrett (the new mission nurse) that I had been struggling a little emotionally for all that had been going on with my health. There have only been little problems, but I have felt sad and frustrated at times. But I have seen a few little miracles this week and I feel that the Savior is aware of my small problem and helping in my situation. I have really felt that He is lifting the load and that He is also making me stronger to be able to bare. I recognize that my problems are so small. I know there are others that are working through SO much more. I am just grateful that Heavenly Father knows me and is willing to provide me with the challenges and the solutions that I need to grow.

I have always felt very strongly that Heavenly Father puts certain people in our paths so that we can grow and learn. I love the quote by President Kimball that  says, "God does notice us and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs." I have felt that Sister Irepan has been an answer to a silent prayer. I am so grateful to have this time with her and I know I will be able to finish strong and happy. She is an excellent missionary. She knows what she is doing and she is thoughtful and obedient. I am grateful to have her as my companion. Each one of my current companions has been a huge blessing for me at this time. The other day an elder mentioned that if I were still in the other mission I would be getting home this week. Later Sister Irepan mentioned that and was like, "These two extra weeks of your mission are like a gift to me! I know there is so much I need to learn from you." It was really cute.

We had a stake activity this week for our investigators and it turned out really well. A lot of people showed up (many more than we were expecting) and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We are working hard as a zone to be able to have a "Noche Blanca" this month and have been seeing the fruits of our labors.

Friday Sister Bastidas and I did divisions with Sister Ortiz and Sister Palau. It went really well. We had very little time because of their mini-conference, but we were able to accomplish so many things and it was a real testimony to me that when we do things the Lord's way He helps to accomplish much more than we could ever do on our own.

This week we have a family of investigators that are progressing which is a blessing to be able to see. The Pillajo family has a baptismal date for the 16th of this month. We have been fasting and praying sincerely for this family and I know we will see miracles.

Okay, my birthday was so great!! I received three cakes, so I think Ecuador likes me. I will send pictures. So much fun. One of my companions had a birthday last month and we did a lot for her so I think there is now this mentality that we have to do bigger and better every time. My sweet companions did so much for me this week. On my birthday at midnight they woke up and got out of bed and  brought in a cake and balloons and a little gift and were singing happy birthday. It was so hilarious because I was so tired and confused at first then just felt really grateful. We were all laughing when I set the cake down on my bed to grab my camera in the other room. As I am searching for my camera I hear roaring laughter and run back to see that Sister Irepan had sat on the cake as she was trying to set up her camera. Hahahaha it was soo funny. She was just so tired. Anyway, that day we had our District Meeting/Mini Zone Conference and after the meeting the zone leaders came in with a giant cake and a card that everyone from the zone (of like 30 missionaries) had signed. The tradition here is to "bite" the cake and people always shove your face into it as you are biting it. We enjoyed that as well. I know if I have skin problems this week it is because of all the icing and sugar that had been smothered all over my face again and again. Then we had lunch with a super great family (last name Ocarez) that is from Chile. Sister Ocarez cooks really really well and had invited a few people over that shared the same birthday. So we had an awesome lunch and it was so fun. That day was the stake activity for our investigators from the whole stake and it turned out really well. A lot of people showed up and we had a lot of fun. I will attach pictures with explanations.

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with "Yasu." I laughed out loud when I read the story about what he and his friend said to Adam. Haha Adam is a good sport. I am glad he has a brother/friend for a week. Tell Adam I can't wait to see him in a couple weeks! I hope he and I can hang out a lot. He is the greatest.

Sister Maza got the packages and she loves everything. She is so grateful. 

Okay, I have a good amount of time left. Respond if you can! Love you all!

Sister Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment