Friday, November 15, 2013

"I know it without a doubt" (Hilary)


Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well! So fun to hear from everyone!! Also I love seeing pictures! Thanks for keeping me in mind! Lots of missionaries mention that there is a time during the mission that people forget to write them, but luckily I have been blessed with the greatest family and friends that never forget to write.

The week went well. We did a lot for the assignment, which is cool. It is always neat to know that when something is going wrong, people turn to us for help. Also that President trusts us. I really feel grateful to have this assignment. My companions are doing well. They have been such a huge blessing to me at this time. I really love them with all my heart and I am seriously going to miss them.


I just finished the Book of Mormon and, as I do every time I read it, kneeled in prayer afterward to confirm my testimony of the truthfulness of the book. It was a really special experience for me that I will never forget and I am very grateful for the challenge we were given to read the Book of Mormon in less than 90 days. It helps us to grow closer to Christ, strengthens us to understand our purpose in life and our duties, and motivates personal repentance. It definitely builds my testimony that this is the true church. 
I know it without a doubt. 
I have always loved verses 32 and 33 of Moroni 10 :

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him,
and deny yourselves of all ungodliness;
and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness,
and love God with all your might, mind and strength,
then is his grace sufficient for you,
hat by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ;
and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ,
ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ,
and deny not his power,
then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God,
through the shedding of the blood of Christ,
which is in the covenant of the Father
unto the remission of your sins,

that ye become holy, without spot.

And I always love the phrase that says that if we serve Him with all of our might, mind and strength, THEN is His grace sufficient for us. I have a firm testimony that even after doing ALL we possibly can, the only thing that could save us is His grace and mercy (2 Nephi 25:23 is one of my all time favorite scriptures).

23 For we labor diligently to write,
to persuade our children, and also our brethren,
to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God;
for we know that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.
It is a humbling acknowledgment and it makes my gratitude grow everytime I ponder on His saving Atonement. I know I am very weak. But I also know that when I do my part, my Heavenly Father is willing to give me strength and save me.

Got a letter from Sam this week! TE QUIERO. Te voy a escribir muy pronto. Cuando yo ya esté en casita.

Dad, I got your email last week. Thank you so much. It was really encouraging and motivating for me. Thank you so much. I think with the housing, I will just ask for your help when I get back. Is that okay?? I have a feeling there will still be opportunities.

Okay, I think that is all for now. Write me if there is something else! I am on for another half hour.

Love you all! Hermana Norton.

P.s. Mitch mentioned that finishing the mission "should be like Olympic runners... As they approach the finish line they SPEED UP instead of slowing down. Not only that but the LEAN FORWARD dedicating themselves even more to winning. My philosophy is if you don't finish your mission EXHAUSTED you probably did something wrong haha." I love that and I am speeding up right now.

 Love you!

Are you curious about the Book of Mormon? Click HERE for a free copy

No comments:

Post a Comment