Transfers came and Hermana Guevara went. That was tough for her, on many levels (which I will explain in a letter). But my new companion is named Hermana Marca and she is fantastic. I mean, I don't know her too well yet, but I am so relieved to be with her and I am looking forward to this transfer a lot. I have set for myself a lot of new goals and I am really diving into the work.

Okay, exerpt from my letter to President Ghent:

The transfer ended really well here in Imbabura. Saturday was F's baptism and it was really special. He really has been converted to this gospel. It was something I had been praying about for a while, because I really wanted to be able to see the process of how the gospel changes lives from start to finish. Obviously I haven't seen the finish, but I got to see the start and how he was able to change his bad habits and accept the gospel, be baptized and he isn't stopping. He always has in mind his goals of receiving the priesthood and visiting the temple. He is such an example of faith and diligence in the gospel.
Okay, so F. is amazing. I cried a little bit at his baptism. He bore his testimony and it was so cool. I feel so blessed to be able to do this important stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Anway, he is doing so well.
 Yesterday when Hermana Guevara had to say goodbye to him, he was super bummed, but he was like, "Well, God will send you where he needs you and there is a purpose for you there. I am going to endure to the end and I want to see you on the other side." Whoa. He was one of those people who really was prepared. It was his time. I am so happy for him. 

Okay, funny story. The other day we fasted and I guess it was bad timing. That following morning we had a service project and it was really hard work (Dad, thanks for teaching me how to work. I work harder than more than half of the elders. Actually, I think there is one elder in our zone of eight that works harder than me. We do so much service. I love it. I really love forgetting about everything and just focusing on the labor. Work is nice that way.). Anyway, it was really funny because we both got pretty sick I think from heat exhaustion. Bad planning on our part I guess. But we didn't die. We are fine now.

Okay, so glad to hear that Lucky called! Jaja. And how cool is it that Sam is teaching Ecuadorians?!?!?!?!? I love that. These people are the best. To answer a few of your questions... 1. No, you have the correct address. 2. I don't know if Samantha is here yet, should arrive tomorrow. 3. The other day I received a letter from you with a list of questions I just answered and will send back this week. I also heard from cute Kenz. I hope she is doing well. 4. I am in Imbabura, I don't know if Sister Hess is coming here. She probably just stopped by the offices and dropped the stuff off there. I hopefully will get it via pouch pretty soon here. I haven't gotten the package yet, but I can't wait :) I love the pictures of you and Dad. I miss the Utah autumn!! Today it has been pouring rain -- finally! We have been waiting and waiting! Okay, you should be receiving my letters any day now... When you get the SD card, can you send the pictures of the baptism of G (the first baptism I had with a sweet short lady who doesn't really smile) to rachel.butterfield@myldsmail.net . This is the Hermana that contacted sweet G.


This last change was kind of tough at times. But we had some really amazing experiences too and I know I learned so much. It is cool because before the mission it was like I had a desire to serve and I didn't exactly know why. I knew that I had received so many blessings by having the gospel in my life and I wanted others to be able to have that too. But now that I am here, I am learning there is so much that I needed to learn to be able to move on in life more prepared. I feel like I have just gotten a better/more full perspective of reality. There is a talk by E. Holland where he is talking about how a lot of missionaries use the term "real life" referring to life after and outside of the mission. But E. Holland, as usual, almost yells, "THIS IS REAL LIFE. Capitol R. Capitol L." Cool.  (Might be spelled capital -- I DON'T REMEMBER)

Okay, well, time to go. I love you all. I pray for you every day. Thanks for writing. I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

H. Norton
Yes, she looks pretty mild, but this girl is one strong cup of tea       -       Joanna Norton