Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas favorites ...

I mentioned in a previous post that we love the story 
"How the Grinch stole Christmas" by Dr. Seuss. 
But, the other day as I was pulling out all my Christmas books
 I realized there are so, so many that I love..... 
and for a variety of reasons.

The classic "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens tops my list.
"A Christmas Carol" at the Hale Center Theater 
Our favorite version of "A Christmas Carol" movie

My new favorite Christmas book "Jacob T. Marley"
Every single fan of the "Christmas Carol" story should read this book! 
Have you ever wondered about Marley? 
The book or movie comes to an end and you're so caught up in Scrooge's new love of life 
and complete transformation ... then you think, 
'wait, what about Jacob Marley? Why wasn't he given the chance to redeem himself?' 
Well, here is his story. And if you're a skeptic... after all, not many people would dare take on the task of writing a follow-up to the world's most beloved Christmas classic... click on the link below and watch the author, R. William Bennett, talk about his inspiration. And it wasn't just artistic inspiration, 
it was divine!

click here

No comments:

Post a Comment