Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Extra Prayers Please!!! (Hilary)


Well, good news! Now we can write to whomever we would like to (Friends, family, recent converts of the same sex) and we have two hours on the computer! Unfortunately, our two hour thing will start next week because Hermana Ellis has a medical appointment in like 30 minutes. But, to those of you who are reading (Veronica! Caitlin! Sarah Law!), feel free to email me! I will now be able to respond by email.

Okay, so things are going well. Hermana E is still very sick and we haven't been able to work much, but it is good that our sicknesses are overlapping, right? We have spent a lot of this week in Quito in the hospital doing tests and seeing different doctors. They can't seem to figure out what is wrong, although we are convinced it is something simple that they are just overlooking. Keep her in your prayers!  Quito is so beautiful. It has been raining a lot here and it gets foggy, so the city is just right in the middle of this valley of beautiful green hills full of trees. I really love it! I love Ecuador!

Our awesome district leader has been so helpful and understanding. The other day he and his companion visited a couple of our investigators when we couldn't have our appointments. He is a great kid. R. will be baptized this Saturday. She has family members that are members of the church, but it just hasn't been her time. Now she is accepting everything really well. She is an awesome girl and will be a strong member. Things aren't progressing as quickly with the rest of our investigators, but I have a feeling this week will be better. We have a great group. Please pray that we can get out and work! We are getting stir crazy!

A couple random things. I lost my flashdrive with ALL  my mission pictures on it. :( Please pray that I find it. No, I am not joking. It is important! Also, Mom, what should I do with these extra scriptures? I just need to make a decision and get it done. Dad, one case should be enough! And I would really appreciate that. But is it really heavy? Could you send the bottles seperately so I don't have to pay a ton for the weight issue? Mitch, I got the pictures. And thank you so much for the responses. Your advice and opinion are of great value to me (What? My English is so awkward.). Adam, keep rocking at sports. Keep yourself involved always and be positive. I am going to write you Monday. Is Sam District Leader? Cool! Congrats kid!

Well, things are good here. This weekend we attended a couple really great baptisms. I mean, every baptism is great, but they were just extra special. One was of a girl and her mom. It was the girl's birthday, she was turning ten and her older brother who was baptized in Feb. baptized her. She was scared of water and had a hard time and after they got it right she just cried and hugged him. They bore sweet testimonies and it was a really neat night. Baptisms make everything feel worth it.

Okay, I have to go. Thanks for writing. Pray for the work! and for my companion! Next Monday I am expecting emails!

Hermana Norton

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sister Norton! This is Hermana Ellis, I am back in Utah to do some medical stuff. Hermana Norton gave me some stuff to bring down to your family. When can I visit you?

    ReplyDelete