Saturday, October 5, 2013

"I found the answer to every "why" question..." (Hilary)

Hi everyone! Sounds like you all had a great week! I love hearing from you! Thanks for writing.

Okay, reading about Dad's accident makes me so sad. I think I have always had this idea or mentality that my dad was invincible (sp?). I hope he is doing okay. Be careful Dad! 

This week I got to do divisions with Hermana D. I Love her. She is passing through a lot of trials right now. I care about her a lot and pray for her so much. I am sending a picture.

Also, one of the families that we eat lunch with is pretty well off. They have a lady that works for them and she is the one that cooks lunch and we always talk with her. I began teaching her a little with Sister Ca and I gave her a book of Mormon and told her where the church is in where she lives (Santa Ana, my first area) and Saturday she got baptized! She is great! I love knowing that we can help doing the smallest things. I wish I could have gone to her baptism, but that area is outside of our mission now. (It is in "mission ecuador quito" and I am in "mission ecuador quito norte")

I mentioned C. H. (the investigator) last week, and how she had showed up to church and explained to us that she had felt the need to attend. We visited her during the week, she accepted the baptismal invitation and felt the spirit really strong. She also explained that since the Gospel Principles class last Sunday (in which we spoke about Joseph Smith) she had been asking to know the truth in her prayers every day throughout the week. She is very prepared and so excited. Yesterday she loved the class in Relief Society about Family History work and asked us how she could start indexing and attending the classes. She also asked if she could pay her tithing yesterday. We feel really blessed to have met her and to be able to have a small part and offer a hand through this path she is taking to come closer to Christ.

This week I had a few humbling moments. Also, I haven't been feeling well and I think everything together is really helping me to reflect and work on recognizing what Heavenly Father expects of me at this time and what He wants me to be learning. I know there is so much I need to learn and develop in this time I have left. I am working hard and trying to reach my potential. Sometimes things are overwhelming and I know the adversary does all he can to discourage us and confuse our investigators. But I know these are the experiences and trials that Heavenly Father wants me to pass through to learn what I need to learn and become who I need to become. I love the Gospel and I am so grateful for the peace and eternal perspective it provides me with.

I liked this part from President Uchtdorf's message of the Liahona from last month.

President Brigham Young put it this way:
 “All intelligent beings who are crowned with crowns of glory, immortality, and eternal lives must pass through every ordeal appointed for intelligent beings to pass through, to gain their glory and exaltation. Every calamity that can come upon mortal beings will be suffered … to prepare them to enjoy the presence of the Lord. … Every trial and experience you have passed through is necessary for your salvation.”

I found the answer to every "why" question. In Alma 24... "because he loveth our souls." It was a nice little reminder. We had a couple really great experiences in the work this week that also helped me to remember that Heavenly Father's love is personalized and infinite.

Well, I had written down all the things I wanted to write about, but I simply forgot the list (I say that about every week, huh?) Thanks for the "fear not little flock" scripture. I love that one.

Okay, I am going to send this. Love you all. ENJOY CONFERENCE WEEKEND. Women, didn't you love Relief Society conference? How fun to see Linds there. Were you able to pass her the postcard I had sent? I love you all!

Hermana Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment