Thursday, October 3, 2013

"ready to apply everything I know and give it all to the Lord" (Sam)

Sam's post this week is a letter he wrote to his big brother Mitch


Mitch, Thanks for always writing. It means a lot to me.

Things are great great! My companion, Elder Butler, just received his replacement a couple days ago so we´ll be a trio till the end of the transfer. He´s kinda ready to go... haha he´s loved it but as you know, the office drains you and he´s ready to get back to the street. We honestly have felt very useful here. the Elder in a married couple thats here in the office put it really simply and I like what he said... he was like... "the Lord needs people who will give EVERYTHING.. and then when they´ve been squeezed dry from working non stop and giving their all, they get switched out and the Lord calls new people in." My comp has been like that. He´s awesome.. he´s an idaho farm boy that would probably rather look up tractors all day on google than any kind of supercar... and he´d probably rather spend an entire day fixing up a tractor than even driving a supercar... so needless to say, being the mission secretary at a desk all day has been hard for him... but he´s done it, and done it well. And still really pushed for proselyting efforts every day. He´s done well here. 

Your ward sounds crazy! Recently I´ve had a weird desire to go see other states and visit places.. maybe you guys could show me around NJ or tell me where some cool stuff is. I will come visit you some day!

I love the pic mom put on the nortonmissionary blog of the boys and sienna. You have beautiful kids. They´re gonna be so big when I get back!

I love you man! Thanks for the emails! I am loving my mission! We FINALLY baptized again! Such a great blessing. And TODAY i hit 18 months. I´m pumped for these last 6 months cuz I´m at my prime here in the office and in about a transfer and a little I´ll be back on the street, ready to apply everything I know and give it all to the Lord. Pray for us! Please! Pray to help us be obedient so we can have the spirit.

Thanks, love you. Tell your fam I love them.

Élder Norton
Financiero
La Misión España Málaga
La Iglesia de Jesucristo S.U.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment