Monday, April 22, 2013

" Faith is knowing that the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray" (Hilary)



Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I hope you had a great week! It flew by so quickly, didn't it? I don't think time has ever moved so quickly.
We had an amazing week. I am loving my mission so much. We have been working really hard, focusing on doing the "best" things and making the "best" decisions. I don't think I have been happier in the mission or more in love with what I am doing. I really feel privileged to be serving.

We had quite a few appointments during the week and have been finding new people. Saturday and Sunday we fasted and saw the blessing Sunday. Many of our investigators attended church Sunday and they are doing really well.

G will be baptized this Saturday and she is looking forward to it. She is very involved in the Catholic church and was a little hesitant at first to accept the baptismal invitation. But after attending conference and reading the Book of Mormon, she has received a witness of the truth. She was inviting everyone at church to her baptism.

The other day knocking doors we found a family of members that recently arrived from Spain. They had gone less active in Spain and moved here and not taken the time to look for the church. We got them excited to come back to church and the daughter will be baptized in May. Her dad is looking forward to reactivating his family. Yesterday he was interviewed by the bishop to work out how he will be worthy to baptize his daughter. The ward did an excellent job of accepting them.

Another investigator that attended church yesterday is named M. He is a very difficult, hard-headed person who has not been good to his wife (who is a less-active member). They came to church yesterday and had a really interesting, positive experience. I know he will be baptized. If I am not here for it I hope to be able to return for the day they get sealed. He really wants to change. I love their family.
Okay, what else.
Yesterday was also great because we gave talks and afterward our stake president and his counselor complimented me on my talk. It was cool because I really respect them a lot and felt good about how it turned out. I talked about the Atonement and its relationship with the obra misional (missionary work) and afterward many members offered to help us. It was really cool. Sundays are usually super stressful during the mission, but yesterday was awesome.
Okay, I love you all. Hope Adam is doing well. What are Mitch and Jen up to? I think about them so much. I hope they are well. I love you Dad. Love you Mom. Love you all! Thanks for all the support.
Hermana Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment