Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"That was a really, really great moment for me." and photos! (Hilary)

The cousins got baptized!
Dear Family,

First and foremost, I love you. I hope none of you ever forget that. I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life and I am so thankful for everything you do for me.

Okay, I am well. I am healthy. I am getting enough sleep. I am doing well emotionally. The bed bug issue is the least of my concerns, and please tell Gram thank you so so much. My shoes are great. I am wearing my boots ahorita.

Wednesday was the baptism of Gi. and Mi. and they were confirmed yesterday. They are so amazing. It is so refreshing. I love those girls. I attached a picture. We have a few new investigators right now. Our problem is getting our investigators to attend church. We have emphasized the importance of it, but they're either on vacation or have work that they legitimately cannot change. That's one tough thing for humble people unless they really really have a sure testimony and faith. Anyway, I mean, there is so much we can do still. I think they need a personal conversion that helps them build their faith.. Or maybe their testimonies will come AFTER the trial of their faith. Ah. I don't know. We're working hard though.

The other day in a lesson with a sweet lady (who is so anxious to join the church but is working on earning the money to get married first) her daughter joined us. She is 18 and we introduced ourselves and she asked us why we were serving missions. I love that question. It was really cool because after she was like, "Wow, I didn't realize how happy you were to be doing this. I can see how much joy it brings you and how much you value it." That was a really, really great moment for me.

Okay, so cool that you saw Nate! Ah, I love that kid. Hope he's doing well. I wrote Cyd Squire and mailed it to her a few weeks ago. I received a third package from Mom -- THANK YOU. It contained candy and pajamas and odds and ends. So fun to get stuff from home.

So Tuesday we had a "new missionary training/follow up" and I got to see Hna. Ellis. I guess she is super sick! I am so worried about her. I will write more in a letter, but don't forget to pray for her please! And cambios were yesterday and thank goodness we get to stay here in Santa Ana. I don't ever want to leave.

Okay, time is flying by. I am amazed. Okay, I love you!

Hna. Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment